I decided that with my financial aid, I’m getting another tattoo.
This one, actually.
It’s gonna just be the badger and his Hufflepuff scarf and it’s going on my outer thigh. I’m excited.
Thanks to TyTy for drawing it for me.
…but that’s more a reference to temperament than anything else.
I don’t take issue with half of the posts in the honey badger tag being about Hufflepuff.
I do take issue with people saying the Hufflepuff animal is the honey badger.
Because it isn’t.
See, this is the Hufflepuff crest as it is seen on Pottermore:
This is a regular badger:
And this is a honey badger, which isn’t actually related to the badger family:
So, yes, Hufflepuffs tend to be honey badgers when our loved ones are threatened (and this may extend to people we fangirl/-boy over), and we have sort of adopted the honey badger into our big, warm, squishy badger family, and our unofficial motto now seems to be ‘honey badger don’t care’, but our House animal is just a badger.
And that’s fine, because badgers are fucking adorable, and if that’s a problem for you, tough titties, because honey badger don’t give a shit.
Anonymous: Just got sorted into Hufflepuff in the longly awaited Pottermore. I never had a specific house like most people. But I feel silly being a Hufflepuff. I want to love my house though! What's some good stuff about Hufflepuff house/Hufflepuffs?
- Loyal as f**k.
- Hardworking aww yeahh
- We value fair play so when we win we always deserve it.
- We believe in equality and acceptance HECK YEAH GAY RIGHTS DOWN WITH RACISM I bet Rosa Parks was a Hufflepuff.
- "We don’t shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us." - Pottermore
- Our dormitorys are right next to the kitchens so we can have Midnight Feasts whenever we want.
- We have awesome name translations like Poufsouffle.
- We were second only to Gryffindor in the amount of people who stayed to fight in The Battle of Hogwarts.
- We were the first house to beat Harry Potter at Quidditch.
- Helga Hufflepuff designed most of the recipes now used at Hogwarts feasts AND THEY SOUND DELICIOUS.
- We’ve produced the least amount of dark wizards.
- Honey badger doesn’t give a s**t, honey badger just takes what it wants.
- Our dormitory is underground so we’re safe from storms, wind, and rain.
- Professor Sprout often brings in new plant specimens for us to examine in our common room, so we have an advantage in Herbology!
- If an intruder tries to get into our common room they get sprayed with vinegar - we’re the only house to have such a defense mechanism.
- We get Hengist of Woodcroft who founded the village of Hogsmeade.
- We get Nymphadora Tonks who was an auror.
- We get Cedric Diggory who was “good, and kind, and brave” and don’t forget smokin’ hot.
- We get Ernie Macmillan who was a bamf who always stood up for what he believed in.
- We get Hannah Abbott who marries Neville Longbottom and owns the Leaky Cauldron.
- We get Newt Scammander who wrote Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and whose grandson married Luna Lovegood.
- We get Grogan Stump, Artemesia Lufkin and Dugald McPhail - past Ministers for Magic.
- We get Bridget Wenlock who discovered the magical properties of the number seven.
Our mascots are adorable.
I’ve been in a very Hufflepuff-y mood lately…